The 4 Winds Entertainment (T4W) announced that tactical shooter World War 3 is leaving the open beta stage, launching its first seasonal update on December 8 in Turkey and MENA. In ‘Operation Redline’ the conflict expands to a new region, bringing new maps in the Korean DMZ and the Chinese Gobi Desert and adding new military gear from both South-Korean and Chinese militaries.
World War 3 is a tactical online FPS developed by Polish studio The Farm 51, also known for Chernobylite and Get Even. Players engage in thrilling, team-based skirmishes by fighting on the ground, driving tanks and vehicles, utilizing drones to survey the battlefield, and calling in tactical strikes for maximum damage. Up to 40 players can battle in two core game modes, Tactical Ops and Deathmatch, with matches fought on a range of stunning, realistic maps. Squad up and take the fight from the streets of Warsaw, Berlin, Moscow, Polyarny, Smolensk and soon, the DMZ and Gobi Desert.
Operation Redline will be the first Global Operation. These major seasonal content updates are themed around new Conflict Zones, nations or locations which expand the world of the game while escalating the conflict within it. Additional game content will be released alongside each Global Operation, including new maps, features, game modes, quality-of-life improvements, and weapons, strikes, and vehicles to help turn the tide of war in your favor. Redline is the first Global Operation to arrive in YEAR 1 of World War 3, with three more to follow in 2023. For more information, check out the Content Roadmap on the official website.
Operation Redline will focus on China and the Korean peninsula. Two new battlegrounds will become available in these Conflict Zones as tensions mount in World War 3. The Gobi map will be for frantic Team Deathmatches while the DMZ map is a larger map to accommodate the Tactical Ops mode.
● Gobi (Team Deathmatch): Encompassing land across China and Mongolia, the Gobi Desert is the world’s sixth-largest desert. As a storm rages around you, work as a team to battle it out in the dusty chambers of an ancient temple.
● DMZ (Tactical Ops): The Korean Demilitarized Zone is the border barrier separating North and South Korea. Flanked by oceans and running 250km, it is heavily guarded on both sides by soldiers, razor wire, landmines, heavy armaments, and other dangerous deterrents. Use uneven terrain to your advantage as you fight to secure objectives in this no man’s land.
But it’s not just new maps, players can unlock brand-new Blueprints to access new tactical approaches with even more weapons, vehicles, and strikes:
● Operator Blueprints: Customize your Operator with gear based on the Republic of Korea’s 707th Special Mission Group and China’s People's Liberation Army Ground Force (PLAGF).
● Weapons: Arm your Operator with South Korea’s standard issue K2C1 (Assault Rifle) and the Chinese bullpup QBZ-95 (Assault Rifle).
● Vehicles and Strikes: Bring in the big guns and unleash China’s ZTZ-99 (Main Light Battle Tank), strike back with South Korea’s K21 (Light Infantry Fighting Vehicle), and get an eye in the sky with the IMUGI (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle).
Note: All base Blueprints for new gear, weapons, vehicles, and strikes in Operation Redline can be unlocked via free progression and do not require the purchase of a Battle Pass.
In addition to new content, the development team at Farm 51 has been working on improvements and new features for World War 3. With the launch of the new season on December 8th, an airdrop of quality of life updates is being shipped, including more realistic weapon and movement collision, base protection, changes to player’s health bars to better communicate their operational status, the ability to reload while leaning, and changes to vehicle spawning.
World War 3 is currently available in Open Beta on Steam, with Operation Redline launching on December 8th. The base game is free to play but with the start of Operation Redline players can also purchase a Battle Pass which contains exclusive rewards. By completing challenges players can unlock over 50 Tiers of Free and Premium rewards, including new and unique customization options for Operators, weapons, strikes, and more. The Battle Pass will launch alongside Operation Redline on December 8th.
Source: Active DMC