Kandima presents #anythingbutordinary opportunities for couples to start their new lives together in style with each other and their loved ones! The K’Krew creates oh-so incredible celebrations to remember for a lifetime, from unique proposal ideas, pre-wedding get-togethers and photo shoots to tailor-made (desti)nation weddings in the most Instagram-worthy settings.
Say ‘I Do’ or renew your vows on an idyllic Maldivian island and celebrate the koolest new chapter in your lives as husband and wife. A secluded 3-km island surrounded by crystal clear waters and white sands, Kandima creates the ultimate experiences to suit your requirements with a host of indulgences across extraordinary settings and picturesque locations.
Kandima takes pride in being one of the very few resorts in the Maldives where experiences are tailor-made for guests, positioning itself as the ultimate lifestyle desti(nation) in the affordable luxury segment. The island resort has successfully hosted various small to large-scale events and celebrations, including full island buyouts for weddings.
The wedding planners at Kandima leave no stone unturned to curate bespoke events from start to finish, from magnificent venues to sumptuous menus, and signature settings to experiences that every guest can remember forever! From the very first moment, Kandima’s kool wedding planners will guide you through each step of the wedding planning process, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free on-ground implementation.
With up to 10 choices of dining options including 3 à la carte restaurants, 2 cafés, 2 all day dining restaurants and 3 stunning bars overlooking the blue waters. Various locations at Kandima allow guests to customise each celebration venue to reflect their unique style and preferences. For instance, a movable marquee setup is an excellent option for larger groups, with a maximum capacity of 120 guests, while Azure offers a combination of indoor and outdoor seating with a capacity of up to 40 guests. Forbidden Bar is great for an evening gathering with drinks and music for up to 60 guests. For bigger events, the Ken’s Cove Private Island is just 5 minutes from Kandima and can accommodate up to 500 guests. Situated at the tip of the island, Kakuni Point and Coconut Grove are popular outdoor wedding venues. In total, there is a whopping fifteen choices on the island when it comes to private venues. If you are looking to add some groovy entertainment, then Kandima is the place to be. With in-house bands and DJ’s and a fully equipped team of audio-visual support, you’ll have a beach party full of memories to last forever.
Take a look at these unique proposal ideas and curated wedding packages at Kandima:
- Oh-so Kool Wedding Proposals: Choose from a range of personalised proposal ideas and packages filled with adrenaline and love! The Coconut Love package includes a bottle of bubbly with signage with coconuts on the beach saying – Will you marry me? The Bubble Maker package – is a unique underwater marriage proposal idea to woo your partner! Brochure here for more details.
- ‘I Do’ with a View: Arrive at the jetty and head over to the floating platform just minutes away from the island – the perfect location to say ‘I do’ surrounded by turquoise waters of the lagoon.
- ‘I Do on the Beach’: Arrive at your chosen pristine white sandy beach location, where a stunning wedding-set up awaits for your special day on the beach.
- Oh-So Kool Kandima Wedding: Take this signature wedding package for an event of a lifetime! Exchange vows in front of your loved ones on the soft coral-white sands with glittering waters as your backdrop. Dance your nights away at the adults-only Forbidden Bar or other entertainment venues at Kandima, or book a private group affair – your own deserted island for lunch, dinner, picnics, sundowners (you name it!). Brochure here for more details.
- Pimp My Wedding: Additional to the inclusions for the above packages, now couples can choose from a host of experiences at Kandima. Let the K’Krew add a sprinkle of K’Magik to your celebrations! Take your pick, there is a range of oh-so-yummy wedding cakes, a 3-course candle-lit dinner on the beach, a private sunset cruise with bubbles and canapés, and more.
- Just the Two of Us: After the arrival in your Kandima limousine, say ‘I do’ with tropical infinite island beach views. Dance to the Boduberu beats and get photographed at the SNAP studio, kayak along the island, jump in the pool, from the jetty, and more.
Kandima Maldives has optimal safety measures in place, and the staff takes all the necessary precautions, PCR test facilities and temperature checks are available on call. Kandima’s Medical Klinic has state-of-the-art technology and medical equipment available for guests 24x7. There are three doctors on the island, a visiting dentist and a diving safety officer. The resort’s safety programme K’OnGuard is run by an internationally trained health and safety manager. Additional procedures cover the safety and wellbeing requirements across all contact points, including transfers, public areas, restaurants and kitchens, bars, rooms, activities, the spa and fitness centre, and all back-of-house operations.